Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch SE useless after update to 8.5. Have to charge hourly

My watch used to go almost 2 days on a charge. Now it doesn't go much more than an hour or 2 since I updated to Watch 8.5. Is there anything that can be done ?

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 10:16 AM

I finally got my watch to run normally. I unpaired and repaired numerous times. After each time I waited for an hour and checked my battery usage. If it dropped drastically (30 to 40% in the hour) I unpaired and repaired again. I did this all day until after the 5th or 6th try the battery started dropping 1 to 2% an hour. That is the normal for my watch.

Thanks for the help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 10:16 AM in response to javaliga

I finally got my watch to run normally. I unpaired and repaired numerous times. After each time I waited for an hour and checked my battery usage. If it dropped drastically (30 to 40% in the hour) I unpaired and repaired again. I did this all day until after the 5th or 6th try the battery started dropping 1 to 2% an hour. That is the normal for my watch.

Thanks for the help.

Mar 17, 2022 7:35 PM in response to Jon Campbell

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Battery Drain since watchos 7.4 - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.5 battery drain - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

Apple Watch SE useless after update to 8.5. Have to charge hourly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.