Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Universal Control

I have encountered a peculiar bug whilst using the Universal Control.

Whenever I switch from MacBook Air to iPad Pro, the letters Z and Y on my Magic Keyboard are swapped. Although I am using Czech keyboards in both of these devices, I am not using the "typical" QWERTZ, but QWERTY instead. Yet when using UC on iPad, all of the sudden the keyboard is QWERTZ. Mind you the SW keyboard is still the normal QWERTY.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 11:55 AM

1 reply

Mar 18, 2022 1:28 PM in response to SebastianJagr

I usually use the U.S. keyboard on both my Mac and iPad, and Universal Control works okay. But if I change to another keyboard (in System Preferences -> Keyboard) -- trying the Czech keyboard, for example -- while the Z and Y are transposed as expected (that's one of the differences between U.S. and Czech keyboards) on my Mac, when I move the cursor over to my iPad, those characters are NOT transposed.

In other words, the Keyboard choice didn't carry over to the iPad....

Switching to a Czech keyboard on the iPad while Universal Control was working, it momentarily unlinked, and when it came up again, I still didn't get the Czech characters when typing into a text field on the iPad (with the Mac keyboard linked to the iPad screen). Although I didn't test this, I suspect that changing to a Czech keyboard on the iPad would have only affected characters typed on a keyboard actually attached to the iPad.

Anyone else have a different experimental result?

Universal Control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.