Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Iphone won't let me turn screen time off OR Log out of Icloud account

Hello. This is for a iphone 6S Plus that I don't use.

So I went to erase this iphone back to factory settings.. I was able at this time to log out of my icloud account, and when I went to erase it, it said I needed to turn off screen time. So I went to turn that off, it asked for my 4 digit passcode.. I entered it and it did not accept it. I tried again and still no.. so I followed the online instruction on how to reset it... Did the reset passcode again and tried again and it still acted like it was incorrect. I know the passcodes I entered were correct, so not sure why it would not accept them, especially after I reset it.

And now the "sign out of icloud" is grayed out so that I cannot log out of that either.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 8:41 AM

It’s still downloading the software and per the article I shared with you what you see happening is normal. Follow “Your computer downloads software for your iPhone and begins the restore process. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits the recovery mode screen, let the download finish, then turn off your iPhone and start again.”

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2022 8:41 AM in response to sammers50

It’s still downloading the software and per the article I shared with you what you see happening is normal. Follow “Your computer downloads software for your iPhone and begins the restore process. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits the recovery mode screen, let the download finish, then turn off your iPhone and start again.”

Mar 20, 2022 6:35 AM in response to shoeluvr13

Hello. Thank you for replying to my post. I have tried this a few times... it asks me if I want to "restore" and I select that, and then another box comes up and says "restore and update" and makes you select that also. When it finishes my phone is the same, and did not change anything. Is there anything else I can try? I posted photos of what is going on. I am trying it for the 4th time. Thank you.

Old Iphone won't let me turn screen time off OR Log out of Icloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.