Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Right airpod only charging to 80%, left airpod charging to 100%

Hi all,

I am encountering a problem with my Airpods 3 where my right airpod is only charging to 80% while my left airpod charges all the way up to 100%. This causes the two airpods to have different batteries. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I have tried turning off Optimized Charging and this temporarily fixed my problem. Both airpods charged to 100%. However, the next time I used them (after turning on Optimized Charging again) the same scenario where only the right airpod stays at 80% happened.

I would rather have them both stay at 100% or 80%. Can anyone advise on this? Why is this happening?

Thank you in advance!

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 9:21 PM

michaeljeffreypantastico Said:

"Right airpod only charging to 80%, left airpod charging to 100%: Hi all, I am encountering a problem with my Airpods 3 where my right airpod is only charging to 80% while my left airpod charges all the way up to 100%.[...]"

-------

Clean the Case:

Seems there is debris in the AirPods Case. So, open it up, and get debris out. Get a wooden took top, and a bring light in there, seeing if there is anything you get tap to pull out of it. No success? Use an ear swab to get the rest of it out.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 9:21 PM in response to michaeljeffreypantastico

michaeljeffreypantastico Said:

"Right airpod only charging to 80%, left airpod charging to 100%: Hi all, I am encountering a problem with my Airpods 3 where my right airpod is only charging to 80% while my left airpod charges all the way up to 100%.[...]"

-------

Clean the Case:

Seems there is debris in the AirPods Case. So, open it up, and get debris out. Get a wooden took top, and a bring light in there, seeing if there is anything you get tap to pull out of it. No success? Use an ear swab to get the rest of it out.

Right airpod only charging to 80%, left airpod charging to 100%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.