Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Podcast Continuous Playback broken in 15.4 ?

Since the 15.4 update my podcasts have been stuck on continuous play, turning the toggle off in settings does nothing, they just keep autoplaying the next and don't stop between anymore. The external control setting also somehow keeps reverting to the default next/previous instead of my desired forward/back. bug? just me? iphone SE(2020)

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2023 3:50 PM

This continues to happen in December 2023 on iOS 17.1.12. Nothing like going to sleep listening to nice pleasant sounds and having My Brother, My Brother, and Me come on at 2 am. (I love MBMBAM but there’s a time and a place.) Clearly Apple has known about this for years, knows how annoying it is, and doesn’t do anything about it.

69 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2023 3:50 PM in response to dkrem

This continues to happen in December 2023 on iOS 17.1.12. Nothing like going to sleep listening to nice pleasant sounds and having My Brother, My Brother, and Me come on at 2 am. (I love MBMBAM but there’s a time and a place.) Clearly Apple has known about this for years, knows how annoying it is, and doesn’t do anything about it.

Jun 8, 2022 7:57 PM in response to dkrem

Happening constantly for me 🙁

I have trouble sleeping and listen to podcasts. I listen, then get jolted awake when the next one starts. Turned the continuous play off just before I started one this morning but 45 minutes later when it ended another one started! Turned it off again and now I’m headed to bed and it’s back on!!

does apple review these? Where can we complain?!

sooo tired 😪

Jun 30, 2022 6:38 AM in response to dmonkee70

I have mostly switched over to Stitcher now. It doesn’t have some features I would like, but it’s better than this.

However, there are still a couple of podcasts I can’t get on Stitcher so I keep Apple’s podcast app.

The latest thing I’ve noticed: IT WILL STILL CONTINUOUS PLAY WHEN THE TOGGLE IS OFF. Before I listen to anything on this app I now just go in and make sure the toggle is off. Now, it keeps playing anyway! Toggle be darned. Great.

Aug 9, 2023 12:26 PM in response to dkrem

Same problem STILL, and on 16.6! Apple, PLEASE FIX THE SETTINGS APP to not keep flipping Podcast continuous play back on randomly. I go to sleep with ONE episode playing and expect it to end but when i wake up my phone has been pulling and playing continuously and now i have to go re-mark-as-unlistened a bunch of episodes. Seriously, how do you even write code that randomly switches on a setting? Nothing but the settings app itself should ever flip that switch to ON. I reported this to Apple but who knows which year it'll get fixed.

Podcast Continuous Playback broken in 15.4 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.