Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2019 MacBook Air high temp. and performance has worsened

Hi!

I previously haven't had any performance issues but recently I had some issues with FPS drop and etc. I need all the tips to liven this machine up because I would like to use it as a side computer again. I have wiped the disk and it is running high temperature while downloading apps. It hasn't acted like this before and it's quite concering.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 11:31 AM

You may be able to correlate that Mac's poor performance and excessive heat with an app or process or that excessively burdens its CPU: View CPU activity in Activity Monitor on Mac - Apple Support. You can sort that column by %CPU in descending order to determine which apps or processes are most active.

Activity Monitor will also readily identify energy-intensive apps or processes: View energy consumption in Activity Monitor on Mac - Apple Support

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) is justified if you are unable to correlate the fan activity to anything in particular.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2022 11:31 AM in response to Rixxrd

You may be able to correlate that Mac's poor performance and excessive heat with an app or process or that excessively burdens its CPU: View CPU activity in Activity Monitor on Mac - Apple Support. You can sort that column by %CPU in descending order to determine which apps or processes are most active.

Activity Monitor will also readily identify energy-intensive apps or processes: View energy consumption in Activity Monitor on Mac - Apple Support

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) is justified if you are unable to correlate the fan activity to anything in particular.

2019 MacBook Air high temp. and performance has worsened

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.