Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro acting wonky after OS 13 install

The machine is running hot (temperature-wise), and I'm having to shut down after 45-90 minutes (no gaming), using basic internet and word processing software.

Pre-set screen savers and background photo settings did not transfer, and will not stay after being reset.

Pictures and MS Word documents previously deleted have somehow reappeared; even after using both CCleaner for Mac, and Clean My Mac X programs.

Some programs not booting up, or shutting down consistently.

No new programs have been added since two weeks prior to Ventura install; less existing apps/program updates.

Mac OS 13 Ventura on a fall 2018 15-inch MacBook Pro, 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 4:18 PM

<< using both CCleaner for Mac, and Clean My Mac X programs. >>

neither of those programs should be installed on your modern Mac, and they could be the source of your issues.

Remember that after a migration or major upgrade, your Mac may spend several hours to all afternoon re-computing the Spotlight index (of every word in every file on your Mac) and responsiveness may be slightly slower until completed.

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

If you need help finding the source of arbitrary resource consumption, download this little "discovery" utility, Etrecheck. Its report is pre-laundered of personally-identifiable information, and is intended to be posted back to the forums for readers to help analyze.

Using EtreCheck to Troubleshoot Potential… - Apple Community

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2022 4:18 PM in response to arahaim

<< using both CCleaner for Mac, and Clean My Mac X programs. >>

neither of those programs should be installed on your modern Mac, and they could be the source of your issues.

Remember that after a migration or major upgrade, your Mac may spend several hours to all afternoon re-computing the Spotlight index (of every word in every file on your Mac) and responsiveness may be slightly slower until completed.

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

If you need help finding the source of arbitrary resource consumption, download this little "discovery" utility, Etrecheck. Its report is pre-laundered of personally-identifiable information, and is intended to be posted back to the forums for readers to help analyze.

Using EtreCheck to Troubleshoot Potential… - Apple Community

MacBook Pro acting wonky after OS 13 install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.