Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes on Mac not syncing to iCloud and across devices

I am looking to migrate Evernote notes to Apple Notes. I exported the Evernote and import to Apple Notes. It imported correctly and I can see all the notes with its content including, jpgs and pdfs. Everything loads on the Mac but does not fully sync to iCloud therefore does not sync across devices. I’ve logged into iCloud via the browser. The entry of the note is there but it is empty without the image or PDF.

Anyone know how to force it to update?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 9:15 PM

See the article Import your notes and files to the Notes app - Apple Support

Text file formats that you can import

On your Mac, you can import many different types of text files into Notes. When you import files, each text file is converted to a new note.

Notes can import the following file types:

• .txt
  • .rtf
  • .rtfd
  • .html

Note : it will not import jpgs and pdfs.

See another article See a PDF in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Safari has a built-in PDF reader that automatically displays PDF documents in the browser window. You don’t have to download and install a separate PDF reader app.

Read Choose an app to open a file on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2022 9:15 PM in response to whyeemee

See the article Import your notes and files to the Notes app - Apple Support

Text file formats that you can import

On your Mac, you can import many different types of text files into Notes. When you import files, each text file is converted to a new note.

Notes can import the following file types:

• .txt
  • .rtf
  • .rtfd
  • .html

Note : it will not import jpgs and pdfs.

See another article See a PDF in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Safari has a built-in PDF reader that automatically displays PDF documents in the browser window. You don’t have to download and install a separate PDF reader app.

Read Choose an app to open a file on Mac - Apple Support

Notes on Mac not syncing to iCloud and across devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.