Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a Bezier Path at Z axis

Hi,

I am new to Motion and have been facing some issues. I have a birds-eye view image of a project with some buildings. I plan to run a streak of light on the building outline to highlight individual buildings with background VO with the camera zooming in slowly. When I use the bezier tool to draw the outlines, all seems good unless the camera zoom in. The issue is with the camera zoom the, outline loses its place. When I checked the same from the top view, I saw that the image plane and the bezier point are not on the same plane and I am unable to start the beizer tool as same as the image plane.

How do I start to draw the bezier on the same point of the image on the Z axis? Am I missing something?

thanks

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 11:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 11:00 PM

If you're trying to trace a building on a 2D video, then you're really overthinking this.

All you need to do is trace the shapes on the video in 2D. Add a camera and animate. Do the tracing before you even add a camera. Both the video and the bezier are in the same 2D space inside a group (which will turn to 3D when the camera is added). The camera is outside that group, so everything inside the group maintains their relationships to each other.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2022 11:00 PM in response to Irfan Sait

If you're trying to trace a building on a 2D video, then you're really overthinking this.

All you need to do is trace the shapes on the video in 2D. Add a camera and animate. Do the tracing before you even add a camera. Both the video and the bezier are in the same 2D space inside a group (which will turn to 3D when the camera is added). The camera is outside that group, so everything inside the group maintains their relationships to each other.

Creating a Bezier Path at Z axis

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.