Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing Storage for Multiple Accounts/Emails?

Can a Family Sharing plan with 200GB storage be used for two iCloud email accounts (with mail over 5GB)?

I essentially have one personal and one business iCloud accounts. The business account has about 7GB of mail storage alone on it and a 50GB storage plan. My personal account was just upgraded to 200GB storage in hopes of serving both accounts via Family Sharing. I now see that I am still being charged for the 50GB plan on the business account and sure enough, it’s storage is still 50GB. So far I am unable to find any setting or support document that explains this type of issue directly, although it is advertised that up to six people can be shared.

Before I call Apple, is this any suggestions?

Peace,

Dr. Z.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 10:59 AM

You can share your iCloud storage between up to 6 different accounts. If you already have an iCloud subscription, the sharing does not automatically happen. You must manually select to use the shared storage from the other account.

If you have not done so, you will need to setup Family Sharing: link-> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Once that is done, you can the choose to use the shared storage by following the steps here: link-> Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

When you choose to use the shared storage, it will automatically cancel the existing iCloud+ plan you have on the business account.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2022 10:59 AM in response to zeigh

You can share your iCloud storage between up to 6 different accounts. If you already have an iCloud subscription, the sharing does not automatically happen. You must manually select to use the shared storage from the other account.

If you have not done so, you will need to setup Family Sharing: link-> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Once that is done, you can the choose to use the shared storage by following the steps here: link-> Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

When you choose to use the shared storage, it will automatically cancel the existing iCloud+ plan you have on the business account.

Mar 30, 2022 11:32 AM in response to Phil0124

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I have two legacy iTools accounts (early 2000) that were Mac.com then Me.com before the launch of iCloud.com around ten years ago. At that time I had to set up each account indipendantly and there were no restrictions on using the same name, just needing different email addresses. So, when I follow the steps that you suggest before and after your reply, I get the error message "(my name) is already in your Family Sharing plan.

I had to air least take a stab at correcting the matter myself, but it looks like a phone call to support needs to be made. I also have just been charged for the 50GB plan that I upgraded to 200GB on the same account. Apple representative attention span required to correct.

Peace,

Dr. Z.

Family Sharing Storage for Multiple Accounts/Emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.