Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos slideshow

Hi friends!

I'm afraid I made a big mistake.

I was managing one of my slideshow project (using Photos) and I was going to add songs from iTunes. As I wanted to listen to my songs, I removed the theme of Ken Burns ... but I realized that doing so I lost ALL the musics of transitions' themes, not only Ken Burns' theme.

How can I restore transition themes?

Now if I choose the "note" icon, I find the frame of selected music empty (no theme suggested) unless I choose a song from iTunes...

Of course I could restart from scratch (actually if I start a new project I find the themes' music available again), but building the slideshow from scratch is a nightmare...

Can anybody help me?

TIA

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 8:33 AM

Try the following work-around -

• create a new Slideshow (just with a single image, it does not matter).
  • Then switch back to your larger slideshow project.

You should now be able to switch the theme music back.

• Click the "v" to the right of "music Library". When it is pointing upward switch the selector below to "Theme Music" and select the theme you want.

My Music is currently switched to German, sorry:

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2022 8:33 AM in response to Alberto Ferrari1

Try the following work-around -

• create a new Slideshow (just with a single image, it does not matter).
  • Then switch back to your larger slideshow project.

You should now be able to switch the theme music back.

• Click the "v" to the right of "music Library". When it is pointing upward switch the selector below to "Theme Music" and select the theme you want.

My Music is currently switched to German, sorry:

Mar 29, 2022 10:20 AM in response to Alberto Ferrari1

I did not mean to "copy", sorry.

Just creating a new, additional slideshow has changed the original slideshow back to normal and the theme music appeared again and I could select it again for the music track.

In the original project click first here:

Then you should be able to select again the "Brani Tema" and drag the theme music you want into the playlist.

Mar 29, 2022 9:57 AM in response to léonie

Thanks! I followed your suggestion but the option "copy" doesn't work. I selected the theme I need either in the "music library" pane (or "musikmediatek" in your shot or "libreria musicale" in italian) or in "selected music" pane, but nowhere COPY works... I am so sad.

I presume that somewhere in the system libray there are all the themes in a folder included in the slide show projects... but how can I manage this stuff?

Photos slideshow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.