Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create my own Theme for Photos Slideshow?

This is incredibly frustrating. My mom is 70 years old and likes to create slideshows of her photos. The program defaults to the classic theme with some generic piano music. I know you change change the music to your own, but the process is too complex for my mother to remember, and the program doesn't remember your previous choice (She wants to use the same 5 songs on every slideshow). I thought it would be easy to simply replace the music in the classics theme, or create my own theme and set it as default but it seems impossible. I've searched all over the internet and no one knows how to do anything other than manually selecting your own songs every time. Why do the themes exist if you can't modify them or create your own?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 11:51 PM

Would she be able to cope with this?:

Make a template slideshow containing one picture, and the music tracks she wants. Set it to whatever theme is wanted.

Then when she wants to make a new slideshow, she can make a copy of this template (right click duplicate - new one appears at the bottom of the list - right click rename), delete the one photo and add the ones she wants.

EDIT - you could even make the "one picture" an instruction sheet on how to duplicate it.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2022 11:51 PM in response to LizMittenRyan

Would she be able to cope with this?:

Make a template slideshow containing one picture, and the music tracks she wants. Set it to whatever theme is wanted.

Then when she wants to make a new slideshow, she can make a copy of this template (right click duplicate - new one appears at the bottom of the list - right click rename), delete the one photo and add the ones she wants.

EDIT - you could even make the "one picture" an instruction sheet on how to duplicate it.

Sep 17, 2022 11:51 PM in response to LizMittenRyan

You could make it easier for her by creating your own soundtrack. Create a new audio file with all five song playing in sequence, for example with GarageBand or QuickTime Player or iMovie. Import this new soundtrack music file to the Music library (iTunes or Music, depending on he System version) and change the artist name so, that the new song will appear at the top of the list of songs shown in the Music Library. Then your mother will just have to add one song to each new slideshow.

How do I create my own Theme for Photos Slideshow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.