Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stackshot saved. Hold 6 seconds for analytics - recurring over and over on Apple TV.

I see some others have asked this, it is clearly an issue on Apple TV and hasn't been answered, so I thought I'd ask it again.

Folks who have seen this will know what it is. It is meant to be a developer feature where holding down two buttons will save some developer information to the device (I am in the Apple Developer program).

However, on my Apple TV 4K (latest model with the silver remote) this occurs if I try and change the volume using the remote - randomly about 50% of the time. This did not happen on my older Apple TV HD (which was the TV dev kit sent by Apple).

I am spurred to write this message because this time around it did not require me to be holding any buttons on the remote - it was just looping this message on the screen without me interacting with the device. I'm sure its filling up the file system somewhere on the device with stack traces.

I thought one of the buttons might be stuck down on the remote for it to occur whilst changing volume but the remote seems just fine.

My Apple TV is plugged into a Yamaha receiver and then it goes to the TV, so this may be part of the issue.

MY SPECIFIC QUESTION IS - HOW DO I TURN THIS FEATURE OFF?

Please don't answer telling me it is a developer feature - you are just trying to collect "Helpful" points on this forum. I clearly already know this. You are distinctly very unhelpful and if I could downvote you I would as it causes other threads on this issue to go unanswered.

Thank you in advance!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 7:01 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Stackshot saved. Hold 6 seconds for analytics - recurring over and over on Apple TV.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.