Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 and HP Deskejt *?

Hi, I am having similar problems with running my HP Deskjet printer with M1 I Monterey.

I read HP support ; no way for solving it.

Can anyone recommend a printer that will be running with M1 Monterey please?

Deskjet was about perfect, incl. scanner. Unfortunately, now not of any use at all anymore. Since it is pretty old, I might deserve a new one. Just making sure, it will be up and running.

Thanks for a recommendation, M

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 12:41 PM

Hi,

The printers listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support are compatible with macOS Monterey, and can be used without having to install additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi- router).

Regarding the old HP Deskjet printer, any information about the exact model? There may be a workaround.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 12:41 PM in response to M1Book

Hi,

The printers listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support are compatible with macOS Monterey, and can be used without having to install additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi- router).

Regarding the old HP Deskjet printer, any information about the exact model? There may be a workaround.

Mar 31, 2022 1:49 PM in response to M1Book

There is an HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update download from Apple. It is true that the System Requirements for this download say Not compatible with macOS v12 and newer, but some reports have indicated successful use with macOS 12 versions anyway. So, something like the HP Deskjet F2400 series (3.3.2) could perhaps be worth a try (a driver mentioned in Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support). It may or may not work/install in this case. Look upon it as an experiment. Make sure that you have backup copies of all important files (documents, photos, et cetera) before testing anything.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

M1 and HP Deskejt *?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.