Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone freezes when hit share button

After recent update of 15.4 in iphone11 I am facing this problem. When I hit share button on any app (photo, document,notes) app freezes and doesn’t work further. I can close app forcefully but that doesn’t solve problem. After this phone ring tone goes silent automatically. No ringtone no vibration nothing. All starts working fine after I restart till I hit a share button. If I hit share button the cycle continues. It all stated after 15.4 update

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 5:46 PM

I am also facing this issue.. its now across all apps and if i try to share the app freezes. I lose all my chain of thoughts while reading if i try to share. The only way out seems to be to restart my iphone but the problem starts again within a day itself. An urgent fix is needed for this bug.

101 replies

Aug 4, 2022 9:36 AM in response to shijuj

@shijuj - You mean delete Photos app, Google Maps app, Chrome, Safari and every app that has the Share button/shortcut?!

Nope, not happening. (PS: I had already deleted the iOS Shortcuts app, if you're referring to that)

Further update: Apple Support has now asked me to go into the recovery mode and set it up again. It'll wipe off everything, so i'll try it after backing up the relevant stuff. Not too hopeful though... Read here: If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

Apr 1, 2022 1:35 PM in response to jashobanta

Greetings, jashobanta.

To start, create a current backup and update to iOS 15.4.1. Updating can often help to resolve unexpected behaviors, and it’s always a good idea to backup before updating. 

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, be sure to Restart your iPhone, as this too can help to resolve issues. 

We hope this helps! 

Sincerely.

Nov 6, 2022 4:51 AM in response to sonal131

I have iPhone 14 Pro. Have faced the issue since I bought it (iOS 15.6 i think) and have continually faced the issue even after upgrading to iOS 16.

Have been chasing Apple Support and I request everyone to get onto call/ chat and chase Apple support instead of just posting messages here.

The first line of support will then escalate to the senior advisor who will try to investigate (with no success) and then escalate to the Technical team. The more cases that get raised to the Technical teams, the sooner we might expect that someone in that team will take note and fix this issue in the next release.

Note - I've already interacted with 3 senior advisors at different occasions and showed them the issue by:

• Screen sharing with them and showing them the issue
  • They remote logging into my phone and guiding me on enabling some advanced issued tracking, etc.
  • Recording a video of the issue and uploading to the case.
  • Changing settings (while remote sharing the phone) for Airplay; reducing apps visible in share; changing country/location, etc.

Please everyone, go to their support chat here: Apple Support and start raising cases.

Dec 5, 2022 8:37 AM in response to Vickistuff

All - I have not faced the issue since the last 9 days!, so I'm somewhat hopeful the issue may have got resolved for my Iphone 13 Pro on iOS 16.1

Steps that I took:

1. Removed the Company management profile (for my office mail) and also removed any third party keyboard ( Swiftkey)
  2. Connected phone to iTunes on my Windows laptop
  3. Backed up everything relevant (I usually back up Photos in Google Photos and use iCloud for Whatsapp, contacts, messages and general device settings)
  4. Clicked 'RESTORE' (which is similar to a factory reset) from ITUNES on my laptop
  5. When the phone restarted, I manually set it up. DO NOT SELECT THE OPTION TO RESTORE APPS AND DATA FROM A BACKUP OR ANYWHERE ELSE when you're prompted for it.
  6. After the full setup/ restart, MANUALLY INSTALLED all the apps again
    1. (Basic data for Contacts, Calendar, etc. automatically got updated from iCloud backup)
    2. (Whatsapp data was restored by going into Whatsapp and clicking the appropriate option).

Since then, 9 days have passed without the issue. Today, I've reinstalled SwitftKey and will see if it causes any issues. After 1 week of no issue, I'll also reenable my office email by accepting the management profile/settings.

Others - Do try the above steps and share your experience.

May 30, 2022 10:38 PM in response to svdath

hi

i am running IOS 15.5 on my iphone 11 pro and i am also facing the same issue .

i have tried restoring my phone twice after complete backup but the problem is not going anywhere . it has become a nightmare for me . thinking of replacing the phone now .

i have to restart every time this happens

my phone was working fine with IOS 15.3 its the update

apple should resolve this bug issue with there latest update

iPhone freezes when hit share button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.