Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No wifi connection/ wifi interface missing since new update

Hi Apple,

I recently updated my Mac Air (13-inch,2017) and haven’t been able to connect to wifi since. None of my other devices are having any problems with wifi or the MacOS update but I suspect something has corrupted during installation.

Wifi seems to have completely disappeared from my network interfaces and I can’t reconfigure MacOS because I have no way of accessing internet to download.

Bluetooth appears to be working. Please let me know if I can fix myself or will need to seek in-store assistance. Thank you in advance.

MacBook Air 13″, 11.6

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 2:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 3:37 AM

You likely need to recreate your network and you don't need to download anything to do that. All you need is your Network's name, and the password. With those you create the network you need. Once manually created, you can set it to connect automatically if you wish.

System Preferences > Network to create the network

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2022 3:37 AM in response to Georgie-goo

You likely need to recreate your network and you don't need to download anything to do that. All you need is your Network's name, and the password. With those you create the network you need. Once manually created, you can set it to connect automatically if you wish.

System Preferences > Network to create the network

No wifi connection/ wifi interface missing since new update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.