Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete the Notes app from my iPad will my Notes data still be available on iCloud?

I don’t have enough space on my 32g ipad to install updates. The Notes app is taking up a huge chunk of that space. Can I delete the Notes app from my iPad and keep the Notes data on iCloud so that it can be accessed from my other devices. How do I do it? Thanks.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 11:43 AM

No. Assuming you are syncing Notes with iCloud, when you delete the notes app, it will tell you it will delete its data. You can instead off-load the app and keep the data by going to Settings > General > iPad Storage > Notes > Offload App

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 3, 2022 6:25 PM in response to nose295

Yes, which is why I suggest your Offload the app. When you can afford it, you might want to consider buying an iPad with more memory. 32GB is simply inadequate in todays world. Apple no longer sells ANY iPad with 32GB. The least amount of storage you can get on an iPad is 64GB. And to me, that's not enough either. I have moved up to 256GB on my iPhone and iPad, which is enough for my needs. As you are learning, once purchased, you are stuck with the memory you bought. It's best to buy the most storage you can afford or reasonably need.

If I delete the Notes app from my iPad will my Notes data still be available on iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.