Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you block a whole domain like “comcast.net”?

I get spam emails mainly from “comcast.net”. Can I block all emails from that domain or do I have to block each email one at a time?

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 8:44 AM

You don't need to use another Mail client like Outlook, you can create a Rule in Apple's Mail client to block a whole domain however remember it will block EVERYTHINGS with that domains name in it. To coin a term, please be careful what you wish for.

9 replies

Apr 8, 2022 5:59 AM in response to Art.A

You should enable and train the spam/junk mail filter:

Reduce junk mail in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

You can also do the same thing with your email provider.

I find filtering usually gets rid of the majority of spam, with most of the other unwanted emails for me are ones that I accidentally signed up for or someone else signed up for me for work.

It is dangerous to filter a whole domain, because there are a lot of legitimate users sending mail from a Comcast domain.

Apr 4, 2022 8:00 AM in response to Art.A

Do the junk emails have 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of the message, if so click on it and unsubscribe. This is only a sensible option if you are sure that you are on a legitimate subscription list.

You can access Rules in the Mail system preferences and you should be able to create a rule to capture any mail from comcast.net and file it in Junk or Bin.

Can you block a whole domain like “comcast.net”?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.