Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 4th Gen - Touch id button

I have problems with the Touch ID button on the top of my iPad Air 4th Gen. I purchased it in December. The button stopped working last week and on close examination it has a small crack in it. It appears to be made of glass and therefore fragile. I have not dropped or knocked the iPad, so don't know how this happened. The button stands proud of the case, so is vulnerable to damage. Is this is a design fault? Has anybody else had a similar problem?

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 5:45 AM

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 5:45 AM in response to John B England

I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Apr 5, 2022 5:48 AM in response to John B England

The TouchID sensor incorporated within the top button of your iPad is an optical sensor. If damaged, it is unlikely to function correctly - if at all.

You would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to assess your iPad and discuss your available options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Otherwise, you might seek assistance directly from from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

iPad Air 4th Gen - Touch id button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.