Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dowloaded files or files from my dropbox- it keeps trying to open them with skype!

When i try to open dowloaded files or files from my dropbox- it keeps trying to open them with skype. Even if i go to applications and select all applications and select preview to open it, it still goes back to trying to open in skype. I can see that someone else was having this problem and has been told that is not possible but I am also experiencing the same problem. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 11:43 AM

Select one of the downloaded files and bring up it's Info pane (Control (right) - click on the file and select Get Info from the contextual menu).

Go to the Open With menu and see what's displayed. It'll probably say Skype so select the correct app to open it with and click on "Change All".

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 11:43 AM in response to JediRey

Select one of the downloaded files and bring up it's Info pane (Control (right) - click on the file and select Get Info from the contextual menu).

Go to the Open With menu and see what's displayed. It'll probably say Skype so select the correct app to open it with and click on "Change All".

dowloaded files or files from my dropbox- it keeps trying to open them with skype!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.