Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovery Key

Well my question is can I request to get my data from my @mac account? I don’t have access unless I have a recovery key. Is there any way to request a new one without the old one or just get my data? Apple deleted my last post because I told the truth about what and I needed help. I guess they don’t care about what their customers have gone through and why they need help from Apple! I need help from Apple!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 9:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 9:51 PM

jondavidp Said:

"Recovery Key: Well my question is can I request to get my data from my @mac account?"

-------

Contact Apple Support:

Are you saying that you deleted you Apple ID? If so, all has been deleted, and it is now gone. So, contact Apple Support. To troubleshoot your Apple Account, contact Apple Support. Have the Apple Rep run you through the fix.

Screenshare with the Apple Rep:

To easily troubleshoot this, it seems Apple Support needs to see this for themselves. So, while on the phone, screenshare the screen of your iPhone and then open the Photos app. By screensharing the Apple Rep will see this firsthand from your perspective. If need be, use another person's phone (with their permission, of course), and use their iPhone's iSight Camera.

View my User Tip: Screenshare your iPhone with the Camera App Enabled to Easily Converse Over-the-Phone with Apple Support - User Tips

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2022 9:51 PM in response to jondavidp

jondavidp Said:

"Recovery Key: Well my question is can I request to get my data from my @mac account?"

-------

Contact Apple Support:

Are you saying that you deleted you Apple ID? If so, all has been deleted, and it is now gone. So, contact Apple Support. To troubleshoot your Apple Account, contact Apple Support. Have the Apple Rep run you through the fix.

Screenshare with the Apple Rep:

To easily troubleshoot this, it seems Apple Support needs to see this for themselves. So, while on the phone, screenshare the screen of your iPhone and then open the Photos app. By screensharing the Apple Rep will see this firsthand from your perspective. If need be, use another person's phone (with their permission, of course), and use their iPhone's iSight Camera.

View my User Tip: Screenshare your iPhone with the Camera App Enabled to Easily Converse Over-the-Phone with Apple Support - User Tips

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Apr 5, 2022 10:29 PM in response to jondavidp

It's possible that you will never regain access:

Only you can reset your password, manage your trusted devices, or create a new Recovery Key. Apple Support can help you with other aspects of your service, but they aren't able to update or recover these three things for you. When you use two-step verification, you are responsible for:

• Remembering your password
  • Keeping your trusted devices physically secure
  • Keeping your Recovery Key in a safe place

If you lose access to two of these three items at the same time, you could be locked out of your Apple ID permanently.

Recovery Key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.