Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What causes Home Screens to disappear with iOS 15?

I had apps saved in Folders to my wishes. Now all of a sudden the Home Screens all disappear.

they aren't "hidden".

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 8:56 AM

I'm sorry, but I have never heard of entire home screens disappearing. Do you share your Apple ID with anyone else, or does anyone else have access to your device and know the passcode? This is especially troubling, since you did a restore and the problem returned after a period. I would suggest that you use the Get Support link at the top of the page here to contact Apple Support or if you have an Apple Store close by, make a Genius Bar appointment and have the device examined by Apple and they will explain your options. Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2022 8:56 AM in response to Jim1233

I'm sorry, but I have never heard of entire home screens disappearing. Do you share your Apple ID with anyone else, or does anyone else have access to your device and know the passcode? This is especially troubling, since you did a restore and the problem returned after a period. I would suggest that you use the Get Support link at the top of the page here to contact Apple Support or if you have an Apple Store close by, make a Genius Bar appointment and have the device examined by Apple and they will explain your options. Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apr 7, 2022 2:45 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks. Unfortunately that hide or un-hide a page operation doesn't work cause they are not "hidden", they have somehow just vanished and I'm stuck with the App Library which I hate!

I have succeeded in getting them back by going through the time consuming wipe clean and do old cloud backup.

I thought I had it fixed, but then several hours later they disappeared again!

Thinking some software glitch?

Apr 16, 2022 12:13 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks. I did chat with support then passed on to Technical person. He helped me get the Phone restored from a Cloud backup copy. Took 2 hours with hour and a half just downloading all apps I had on phone. Way too many!

Once I had good copy I backed that up to Cloud.

Next I proceeded to reduce the number of Apps I had and the number of Home Screens from 8 to 4. Dumped numerous old Apps and used Configurator 2 from App Store to reconfigure the pages. That App is helpful!

Then I backed up the skinnied down Phone again to Cloud.

I hope this holds.

I have Support person's number for assistance and a case number if it doesn't.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.