Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstalling MacOS Sierra, after deleting the disk storage for trying to sell it’

I was trying to factory reset my 2017 MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar, and when I got to the step for reinstalling the MacOS Sytstem, I have a message pop up saying “An Error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again.” I have done this about three times now, and I’m almost convinced I messed up badly. Is there anyone that’s run into a similar issue before? Or someone that would know how to remedy this?

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 4:49 PM

3 replies

May 4, 2022 11:24 AM in response to spencermcnabney27

I am giving my Macbook Pro to a family member so I erased the content but can’t get it to let me reinstall the MacOS system. It starts to install and then I get the same error message as mentioned by spencermacnabney27—“An Error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again.”. I also tried this numerous times but it won’t reinstall. I run recovery disk utilities and tried to see if I could repair but unfortunately, I would need some help to walk through any process for repair. I have been searching but haven’t been able to find any source that gives more detail in how to go about repairs so that I can reinstall the MacOS. I would appreciate any help

Reinstalling MacOS Sierra, after deleting the disk storage for trying to sell it’

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.