Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch S7 loses ALL haptic and sound after sleep mode

Haptic feedback stops working randomly

On my apple watch series 7 sometimes the haptic feedback and sound completely stop working overnight. Morning alarms do not make haptic or sound. The only thing that fixes it, is restarting the watch. Toggling haptic feedback on/off doesn’t help. Changing the volume, haptic intensity, doesn’t help. NO controls on the watch can bring back haptic and sound other than a restart.

1. It always happens in the morning. (Maybe it has something to do with focus mode “sleep”)

2. A restart ALWAYS fixes it immediately.

3. I have not found any way of getting any haptic feedback on the watch. Here are the things I tried, to produce haptic feedback:

1. Scrolling with the crown. (usually vibrates.

2. Notifications, Calls, Alarms produce no haptic feedback.

3. Changing the haptic feedback strength, usually vibrates to give you a feeling of how strong it is.

4. Disabling / changing focus-modes also didn't bring haptic feedback back.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 9:06 AM

Hi RN7676,

We see you're not receiving haptic feedback on your Apple Watch after sleep, and you've done some extensive testing already.

To double-check one detail, have you made sure your Apple Watch and paired iPhone are both updated? If not, we recommend backing up your iPhone and then updating both to see if this helps.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your Apple Watch

If you find that doesn't help, based on what you've tried already, we recommend reaching Apple directly to look into this further: Get Support

Kind regards.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 9:06 AM in response to RN7676

Hi RN7676,

We see you're not receiving haptic feedback on your Apple Watch after sleep, and you've done some extensive testing already.

To double-check one detail, have you made sure your Apple Watch and paired iPhone are both updated? If not, we recommend backing up your iPhone and then updating both to see if this helps.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your Apple Watch

If you find that doesn't help, based on what you've tried already, we recommend reaching Apple directly to look into this further: Get Support

Kind regards.

Apr 22, 2022 6:45 AM in response to RN7676

I had this exact issue again last night and I over slept again.

It hasn't happened since the last update and I thought it was finally resolved but I guess this is one of those annoying things that will keep coming back. I tried the get support link from the another reply in this thread but that page is not helpful at all in this specific case.

Apr 27, 2022 10:29 AM in response to RN7676

This has happened to me twice now as well. Also Series 7 with current WatchOS and iPhone OS (Phone is 12 Max Pro). I have two alarms set, one at 6:11am to see that my daughter gets up for school, and one at 7:20am for me to get up. This morning, the second one did not haptic on my watch, and I also had to restart the watch both times to get it to work again. An alarm that fails is a serious bug. In fact, with the watch now unreliable, I feel I have to set a backup alarm on another device.

Apr 27, 2022 11:20 AM in response to claporte

I’m the OP. I have had this issue a couple more times since my original post. I also had it happen several times on my Watch Series 6. Every time it happened the watch was in scheduled Sleep Focus. It has never happened in regular Do Not Disturb.

Are the other affected users seeing the issue in scheduled or manual Sleep Mode? Or in any mode? Please double check your mode when you had an issue and reply.

My solution has been to turn off Sleep Schedule and never manually start Sleep Focus. Instead, I set a Do Not Disturb schedule and manually put my watch in Theater Mode when I go to sleep (to turn off the screen). .. if you want O2 readings while in Theater Mode, then do this below (or the opposite of this below).

Blood oxygen measurements use a bright red light that shines against your wrist, which may be more visible in dark places. You can turn off measurements if you find the light distracting. Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch. Tap Blood Oxygen, then turn off In Sleep Focus and In Theater Mode.

Apr 27, 2022 11:45 AM in response to mingoslkd

mingoslkd,

Which topic would you recommend this should go under? None of the ones listed make any sense for this issue and if I type it in, they recommend sending in the watch for repair. It's not a physical issue, it's software and that's verified via rebooting the watch. Please advise, thanks!

Battery, Power & Charging

Repairs & Physical Damage

Setup & Usage

Health & Fitness

App Store & Apple ID

Pairing & Connectivity

Bands & Accessories

Apple Store Shopping

Watch S7 loses ALL haptic and sound after sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.