Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mail preview pane does not change

Hi All.

I have 4 email accounts in my MacMail.

On one of them, with emails in the same thread, the preview pane does not change (to the previous reply) as I select the next message in the list (or from the oldest to the newest). I have to select a random other message then go back to the next in the list I want. Not an issue on another account (where all of my emails get copied to)

Hope I've described this ok

Any Ideas??

OSX Mojave

MacMail 12.4

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 11:31 AM

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If you have no POP accounts & they’re all IMAP accounts then in Mail’s Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 11:31 AM in response to Graze1960

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If you have no POP accounts & they’re all IMAP accounts then in Mail’s Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

mac mail preview pane does not change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.