Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Maximum Capacity dropping too fast.

Hello!

I have an iPhone 12 which is almost one year old and I know that a Maximum Capacity drop is very normal. A short backstory: I have been taking very good care of my phone since I got it, means that I always put my phone on low power mode, background activity is off and so on. Basically after I immediately got my phone i did everything to preserve my battery as soon as possible. I had my maximum capacity at 100% for a very very long time as i barely needed to charge it (full charging cycle).

Now my problem which is concerning me:

Of course I knew that the 100% are never going to stay forever ,obviously but I didn’t expect the maximum capacity to instantly drop to 98%. As that wasn’t too drastic yet, I didn’t think too much about it but now it’s very very concerning. 2 months ago m maximum capacity showed 96% which was very acceptable and understandable. BUT before yesterday when I checked, it showed 94%, yesterday i instantly jumped to 92% and today it dropped to 91%.

To me it is very weird to see 3% of maximum capacity drop in 2 days, as I know that it mostly depends on the charge cycles. I could never have had so many charging cycles in 2 days to make the percentage drop so fast.

I already contacted Apple Support but even with my guarantee (with is going to end this month) I can’t get a battery replacement (i was thinking because of a maybe defective battery).

My Phone is running the latest version iOS 15.4.1

Maybe you have experienced the same/ a similar issue as I? If yes then I’d be happy to hear about it!

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 6:15 PM

It doesn't actually drop that fast. It's not a real time indication of battery capacity loss. Sometimes it seems to put off when the value updates, and then jumps several percent at a time or otherwise plays catch up. It was unlikely that the battery health remained 100% for such a long time.

There's really not much you can do about it other than use it as you wish and get a battery replacement service if you feel that's needed. Some recommend carrying a USB power bank as a backup power source in order to extend the time.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 6:15 PM in response to LauraLamis

It doesn't actually drop that fast. It's not a real time indication of battery capacity loss. Sometimes it seems to put off when the value updates, and then jumps several percent at a time or otherwise plays catch up. It was unlikely that the battery health remained 100% for such a long time.

There's really not much you can do about it other than use it as you wish and get a battery replacement service if you feel that's needed. Some recommend carrying a USB power bank as a backup power source in order to extend the time.

Battery Maximum Capacity dropping too fast.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.