Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vertical lines appearing on MacBook Air M1 screen. How to fix it?

My MacBook Air M1 recently have horizontal lines appearing on the screen. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 5:46 AM

Hi,

It could be hardware related issue, try to check your MacBook Air with Apple diagnostics if it reports screen related error(VFD001 to VFD007).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Even if it doesn't help, you'd better make Genius Bar reservation or find local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2022 5:46 AM in response to Bryan5769

Hi,

It could be hardware related issue, try to check your MacBook Air with Apple diagnostics if it reports screen related error(VFD001 to VFD007).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Even if it doesn't help, you'd better make Genius Bar reservation or find local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Apr 25, 2022 7:24 AM in response to Bryan5769

Yesterday my Macbook Air M1, purchased new from Apple in July 2021, started to experience some very light flickering horizontal lines. this unit has been treated very well it's entire life. I have done the diagnostics, no issues detected, I have installed all the updates and the lines continue to flicker. I have done all sorts of other fixes suggested by various internet sources, but none have corrected the problem. I live in Yellowknife, NWT, so there is no Mac Store within 1400km/850miles of my home. Have you found any other fixes?

Vertical lines appearing on MacBook Air M1 screen. How to fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.