Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod Detected Moving with You: They're MY AirPods

I'm getting a notification on my iPhone regularly over the last couple of days. "AirPod Detected, An AirPod has been moving with you for a while. The owner can see its location. You can play a sound to find it."

I play the sound, it's coming from my AirPod Pros that I own and bought first hand. Literally nothing has changed in the 2 years since I've purchased them. Anyone know why they're all of the sudden notifying me that they're traveling with me when they've always been mine?

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 6:23 AM

Hello AppleAnswerDude,

If you're getting a tracking notification for your own AirPods, you'll want to reset and re-pair them.

You can find the steps to reset AirPods here: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

Once the reset process has completed, just open the charging case lid and hold the AirPods near your device to start the pairing process. Once they're paired back up test it out and see if you continue to receive the tracking notifications.

If you continue to get the tracking notifications, you'll want to contact Apple for assistance: Get Support

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2022 6:23 AM in response to AppleAnswerDude

Hello AppleAnswerDude,

If you're getting a tracking notification for your own AirPods, you'll want to reset and re-pair them.

You can find the steps to reset AirPods here: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

Once the reset process has completed, just open the charging case lid and hold the AirPods near your device to start the pairing process. Once they're paired back up test it out and see if you continue to receive the tracking notifications.

If you continue to get the tracking notifications, you'll want to contact Apple for assistance: Get Support

Cheers!

AirPod Detected Moving with You: They're MY AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.