Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Stream stopped working

Photos taken on my iPhone are no longer copying to Photo Stream and hence are not syncing with either my iPad or MacBook. Everything was working OK until nearly 4 weeks ago but despite making no setting changes, now only pictures sent on WhatsApp to my phone and screenshots go to Photo Stream.

I have googled for a solution and tried all the suggested answers such as good battery charge, good Wi-Fi connection, turning off camera app, re-booting, etc, etc but nothing works. I’ve even switched off the photo stream under iCloud and turning back on but this simply repopulates with WhatsApp pictures and screenshots (and actually losing camera photos previously in photo stream).

Photo stream does sync with my other devices, but as I say, only WhatsApp pictures and screenshots.

The same happens with photos taken on my iPad. They don’t copy to photo stream on that device either. I can find no solution that specifically addresses this issue. Is it only me having this problem? Extremely frustrating!

Can anyone assist please?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 6:15 PM

You may have a solution here --> About iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream - Apple Support

Similar questions

8 replies

May 4, 2022 1:39 PM in response to fabio968

Long conversation with Apple support yesterday. Issue partially resolved but awaiting further contact.

As I understand it, part of the problem may be related to recent software update which changes resolution of new photos which means they don’t go to PhotoStream.

New photos taken on my iPhone and iPad now go to PhotoStream album on respective devices and sync across with each other. However, they still don’t sync with my MacBook and on this I’m waiting to hear back from Apple.

What seemed to resolve iPhone/iPad is to change photo resolution.

Go to settings > camera > formats. Change High Resolution to Most Compatible.

May have to delete PhotoStream and then turn back on.

I don’t understand why more people aren’t having this same problem.

Hope this may help.

Settings > tap on your Apple ID > iCloud > photos > My photo stream > toggle off/on

Make sure any existing photos in this album are saved elsewhere as they will be deleted. When turning PhotoSteam back on this album may re-populate. You may have to reboot device(s). Old photos won’t go to PhotoStream and sync, but new photos may. That worked for me.

Hope this helps.

I don’t understand why more people aren’t having the same problem.

Photo Stream stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.