Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Library

I had 160Gb of my own uploaded Music in my library, at least until I stopped my Apple Music subscription last month. Now I have only 4Gb in my library. What on earth?

iMac Pro

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 1:39 AM

Before cancelling Apple Music you should make sure that all your matched or uploaded music is download to local storage, then you should turn off Sync Library. All your music stays in place, but you lose access to any Apple Music subscription content.

See Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community. It might still be possible to recover media from the iPod classic. Alternatively if you cancelled your Apple Music subscription within the last 30 days it may be possible to resubscribe, retrieve your music, then cancel again before you're charged again for the following month.

tt2

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2022 1:39 AM in response to jlamkin

Before cancelling Apple Music you should make sure that all your matched or uploaded music is download to local storage, then you should turn off Sync Library. All your music stays in place, but you lose access to any Apple Music subscription content.

See Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community. It might still be possible to recover media from the iPod classic. Alternatively if you cancelled your Apple Music subscription within the last 30 days it may be possible to resubscribe, retrieve your music, then cancel again before you're charged again for the following month.

tt2

Apr 17, 2022 10:11 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

I thought it was in my hard drive. I did ITunes Match years ago so it was also in the cloud. I had a complete backup on an iPod classic. When I mounted that as a disc, Music grabbed it and wiped out the files with the 4 G library left behind by this disaster. So goodbye backup. Looks like I’ll have to re-rip over 160Gb worth of CDs. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.