Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Monterey 12.3.1 dropdown menus and subfolders disappear too quickly to be usable.

I just moved onto Monterey from Mojave. My computer is rationally structured with many levels of folders, Safari tabs and so on. But when searching for something, the whole view of the disappears after a few seconds, which is not enough time to read the list, let alone browse through and select what I need. The same applies to dropdown menus on commercial websites. Can anyone suggest a way round this? TIA.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 8:50 AM

So are you saying after clicking the Documents folder in the Dock the menu opens but immediately closes again?

If so, see if the same thing happens while booted in Safe Mode.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

11 replies

Apr 18, 2022 9:20 AM in response to dialabrain

Very interesting. It took longer than I expected to boot in Safe Mode and, contrary to what the page link that you provided said, I could not see 'Safe Mode' in the upper-right corner of the window or anywhere. However, within Safe Mode the problem phenomenon was not evident, so I rebooted in normal mode and it seems to have gone! Fingers crossed that is an end to it.

I am immensely grateful, so Many Thanks for your advice!

In Monterey 12.3.1 dropdown menus and subfolders disappear too quickly to be usable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.