Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Studio – Wake from sleep – Desktop picture not stretching to fill Desktop

On wake from sleep the Mac Studio's Desktop picture is shown in actual resolution instead of stretched to fit screen. For example, a picture which is 2059 × 1371 is shown at that resolution on a 5K Retina screen and so only fills about 60% of the screen area. It starts with the picture positioned in the top left corner but sometimes moves down the screen. This behaviour does not change if the screen is scaled up or down – the picture size is also scaled. Icons on the Desktop are displayed in the correct position.

At the same time, the Dock is shown at the bottom of the picture instead of at the bottom of the screen.

Usually, the Desktop redisplays correctly. But increasingly, the only solution is to log out and in again.

This might be related to my other question on the Desktop picture Pref Pane.

See attached example which is a full screen capture i.e. command-shift-3 (with my personal details obscured):

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 9:59 AM

Garry Brooke wrote:

On wake from sleep the Mac Studio's Desktop picture is shown in actual resolution instead of stretched to fit screen. For example, a picture which is 2059 × 1371 is shown at that resolution on a 5K Retina screen and so only fills about 60% of the screen area. It starts with the picture positioned in the top left corner but sometimes moves down the screen. This behaviour does not change if the screen is scaled up or down – the picture size is also scaled. Icons on the Desktop are displayed in the correct position.

At the same time, the Dock is shown at the bottom of the picture instead of at the bottom of the screen.

Usually, the Desktop redisplays correctly. But increasingly, the only solution is to log out and in again.

See attached example which is a full screen capture i.e. command-shift-3 (with my personal details obscured):

https://developer.apple.com/forums/content/attachment/192ad9fd-49be-4a2f-917c-aca5bbca3ea9

Try changing the image and compare your results.

You can submit a bug report/Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 9:59 AM in response to Garry Brooke

Garry Brooke wrote:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/content/attachment/192ad9fd-49be-4a2f-917c-aca5bbca3ea9

Try changing the image and compare your results.

You can submit a bug report/Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Mac Studio – Wake from sleep – Desktop picture not stretching to fill Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.