Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 13 pro flickers while opening picture

Hey I can see that when I try to open my gallery and see some pictures in first few seconds my screen flickers a little. It looks a bit like blinking light and then it’s okay after a second or two. I didnt notice such thing while using iPhone just while watching and scrolling pictures in the gallery.

Worth to mention that I turned off True Tone and automatic brightness a week ago so it’s not the case here. iPhone isn’t adjusting to the light outside.

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 2:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 6:55 AM

You're most welcome, magda298,

If you're still experiencing the same behavior after adjusting your Settings, we'd recommend that you contact Apple Support directly as your iPhone may require service. You can find their contact details here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care!

7 replies

Apr 22, 2022 7:16 AM in response to magda298

Hi magda298,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're seeing your display flicker in the Photos app. You may be seeing transitions that appear as flickers when you're viewing your photos. You can go to Settings > Accessibility > Motion and enable Reduce Motion to isolate this behavior.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Apr 23, 2022 5:15 AM in response to Miche11e_P

hello, thanks for your reply I tried everything like reduce brightness, automatic brightness off, reduce motion, close all apps working in the background and I noticed today that during reading sth on safari where site has white background it flickers too. But this flickering is really gentle, it’s even hard to capture it but I’ve noticed so probably sth is going on with it somehow.

May 3, 2022 6:51 PM in response to magda298

There is a same issue on my iphone 12 as well. The true black backrounds of videos will flicker with light grey color but hard to notice. Mostly visible when watching videos in portrait mode and also in photos app its very noticable(pitch dark room). But when opening a black picture the pixels are turning off and true black is noticed. Not sure its a hardware or software issue. I have contacted apple support and they are also not sure about whethe its a hard or soft issue. They asked for me to wait for an update but they mentioned that they are receiving a lot of issues like this. This issue was there long before as well so im aure that its not going to be fixed in an software update. Anyone else facing this issue. 

New iPhone 13 pro flickers while opening picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.