You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Studio SD card reader problems

I'm haven't issues on some SD cards using the built in card reader on the MacStudio. I have two ProGrade SD cards and only one of them work properly on my MacStudio. The other one will show up but will either freeze the Mac or transfer files really slowly. Both cards work fine in my PC and also using an external card reader with the Mac. I've tried to repair it in the Disk Utility but that doesn't fix the issue. Is this a software issue that can be fixed or is it a broken SD card reader?

Mac Studio

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 8:29 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 22, 2022 12:52 AM in response to khangfu

Are they identical SD cards?

Have you tried reformatting the problem card?

Maybe poor contacts on the prom SC card. Do the contacts look clean?

Since both cards work OK on external read on the Max it would not seem to be a software problem. Maybe dirty conacts in the Mac's card reader.

I just tired a SanDisk Extreme V30, 32 GB SD card and Blackmagic speed test shows:

Mac Studio SD card reader problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.