You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music profile not showing

My iPhone 13 pro max won’t let me set up a profile for Apple Music. I’ve restarted my phone, deleted and reinstalled it, and even signed out of iTunes. Another thing that was weird is that the show Apple Music option in settings brings you just to music settings. My iOS is 15.4.1

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 9:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 11:00 AM

Hi there mkstudent,

If you are unable to create a profile in the Apple Music app, are you following these steps from See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device?

1. Open the Apple Music app.
2. Tap Listen Now.
3. In the upper-right corner of the Listen Now screen:
• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap the photo icon the photo icon.
• On your Android device, tap the More button the More button, then tap Account.
4. Tap Set up Profile.
5. Follow the onscreen prompts to create a username, find and follow friends, share playlists, and more.
6. Tap Done.

If so, are you getting an error message of some kind when you try to create a profile? 

Also, please note that this feature is not available for Child accounts that are part of Family Sharing or if you are located in Cameroon, China mainland, Malawi, Mali, Russia, Turkey, and Uruguay.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 23, 2022 11:00 AM in response to mkstudent

Hi there mkstudent,

If you are unable to create a profile in the Apple Music app, are you following these steps from See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device?

1. Open the Apple Music app.
2. Tap Listen Now.
3. In the upper-right corner of the Listen Now screen:
• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap the photo icon the photo icon.
• On your Android device, tap the More button the More button, then tap Account.
4. Tap Set up Profile.
5. Follow the onscreen prompts to create a username, find and follow friends, share playlists, and more.
6. Tap Done.

If so, are you getting an error message of some kind when you try to create a profile? 

Also, please note that this feature is not available for Child accounts that are part of Family Sharing or if you are located in Cameroon, China mainland, Malawi, Mali, Russia, Turkey, and Uruguay.

Cheers!

apple music profile not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.