Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blurry rectangle top left corner

Since I woke up this morning I’ve had a blurry rectendle in the top left corner of my iPhone in multiple apps and home screen. When I googled it it said to go to settings – brightness Dash toggle on dark mode and then toggle on light mode and this didn’t work but it was only temporary. What is the permanent solution?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 6:23 PM

Just had this happened to me.. what you want to do to get rid of that blurry bar is:

go to settings > display & brightness > under appearance, switch between “Light” and “Dark”

in my case, I originally set it to dark, so all I had to do was choose “Light” then choose “Dark” again. No more blurry bar!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2022 6:23 PM in response to Scrmomx4

Just had this happened to me.. what you want to do to get rid of that blurry bar is:

go to settings > display & brightness > under appearance, switch between “Light” and “Dark”

in my case, I originally set it to dark, so all I had to do was choose “Light” then choose “Dark” again. No more blurry bar!

Blurry rectangle top left corner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.