Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Theater room sound

I am unable to receive the dialogue sound only in my theater room on Apple TV which has a projector. Background and all other sound works fine. Is a common problem which I can to do something about? This only happens on most movies, nothing else on any other apps.

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 9:07 AM

This would be typical for audio systems without center speaker, when the input is multichannel surround (e.g. “5.1”). The dialog would be (mostly) in the center channel. You won’t hear that, unless a center speaker is connected.

The solution is use a downmix audio format instead (e.g. set to stereo for two speaker system), or configure a receiver to do the downmix to the available speakers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 9:07 AM in response to Barry2224

This would be typical for audio systems without center speaker, when the input is multichannel surround (e.g. “5.1”). The dialog would be (mostly) in the center channel. You won’t hear that, unless a center speaker is connected.

The solution is use a downmix audio format instead (e.g. set to stereo for two speaker system), or configure a receiver to do the downmix to the available speakers.

Theater room sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.