Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to display battery percentage ("Xx%") on iPhone 12 mini lock screen and on home screen battery icon?

I want to see my battery's change displayed as a numerical percentage (e.g. "68%") in two places:

• On the "Lock screen" (i.e. the default screen that appears when you first touch the screen before logging in and which normally displays the time and the date). This percentage is displayed when the battery is plugged in and charging, but it isn't displayed when not charging. Is there a way to make the battery percentage appear on the lcokscreen by default, and NOT by having to swipe down to see the "control center," but just always displayed there on the lock screen automatically?
  • Superimposed on or adjacent to the battery icon at the upper tight of the home screen. The instructions for doing this found on this Apple Support page (Show the iPhone battery percentage - Apple Support) which say "Go to Settings > Battery, then turn on Battery Percentage," but that setting doesn't exist on the iPhone 12 mini. Any other way to make it happen?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 11:43 AM

Sorry no, that's by design.

If you'd like, you can submit your request to Apple directly, using this link:--> Apple – Product Feedback - iPhone

Regards

Giulio

5 replies

Apr 24, 2022 11:36 AM in response to Tuffy Nicolas

You don't, sorry.

In the latest iPhone models the notch takes up a lot of space in the status bar at the top, and some symbols/numbers can no longer be shown. To see the battery percentage, you have three main options:

1.      Open the Control Center, swiping down from top right corner of your screen;

2.      Add the "Batteries" widget to your home screen

3.      Ask Siri: "what’s my battery charge level?"

Choose the most convenient one for your habits.

Regards

Giulio

Apr 24, 2022 11:45 AM in response to ProustGiulio

"2. Add the "Batteries" widget to your home screen."

As far as I can tell, there are three different options for the appearance of the Batteries widget - but ALL of them take up at least the space of 4 icons (either as a giant square, or in a row). Is there any way to make the Batteries widget be merely the size of a single icon, and not be a huge space-hog on the home screen?

How to display battery percentage ("Xx%") on iPhone 12 mini lock screen and on home screen battery icon?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.