Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

04.2022 Logic pro library still very very slow to download / comparison with other libraries

Hello,

I have receive yesterday the latest MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB memory, the full version of near 6000 USD. The beast in short...

I have a GB/sec connexion in our office in Switzerland.

Today I downloaded Komplete Kontrol of native instruments (NI) more than 100GB in few minutes.

Today I downloaded instruments of Splice with Gigs in plugins and samples in few minutes.

But today I started... to download the logic pro complete sound library of 43GB... I started at 12pm and now it is near 5pm and only 17GB downloaded on 43GB.

So, I think definitively this comes from Apple side and this problem is still not solved since a while (or they are not interested to offer a solution here). Looks that Apple has lake in the infrastructure and cannot offer a high bandwith for downloading logic pro sound libraries.

So in short, large providers like NI or Splice can provide high download speed for clients but not Apple.

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 9:36 AM

Hi there, congrats on your new MBP (aka The Beast)! Well, what can one say, Logic's Sound Library per se and content download and installation in particular are not quite up to standard, to put it mildly, as compared to other DAWs and sample libraries.

One thing you could do in this case, though, is not trying to download the whole library in one go, but do certain portions of it one-by-one. Hope it helps, cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2022 9:36 AM in response to Chrisleehardin

Hi there, congrats on your new MBP (aka The Beast)! Well, what can one say, Logic's Sound Library per se and content download and installation in particular are not quite up to standard, to put it mildly, as compared to other DAWs and sample libraries.

One thing you could do in this case, though, is not trying to download the whole library in one go, but do certain portions of it one-by-one. Hope it helps, cheers!

Apr 26, 2022 9:02 AM in response to Chrisleehardin

Hi Guys ! I have news concerning the slow download I experimented yesterday with my GB/sec connexion at office. Was in fact slow and only 17 GB in 5 hours.

HOWEVER.... with my country side slow internet connexion, 50mb/sec.... it took me 2h for downloading everything.

So, I dont know what is the problem, but looks in fact as said here under @JotaGi , logic pro servers data servers have special setups and depends also on the end to end point what is in between.

All ok my side. I have all downloaded and enjoy it. Very nice libraries.

Best !

04.2022 Logic pro library still very very slow to download / comparison with other libraries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.