Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beats Fit Pro Wingtips tore off my right ear piece

Asking as my Fit Pro Wingtip has torn off of my right ear piece. I've had these for now less than 4 months and only use when traveling or on conference calls - so mostly for work. One day took them off and noticed that when sitting in the case that the right ear appeared out of position. Discovered that the wingtip had torn and is now faulty and not sitting properly. Anyone else gone through this as well?

Find it hard to believe that such a pricey headset has already broken with just normal use.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 5:32 PM

I literally had the same thing happen today. Mine actually ripped popping them out of the case. You can see in the second picture the case itself is even putting pressure on the wingtip. I spoke to Apple support and was quoted $90 to replace the earbud, is ridiculous considering it seems with the design they will only break again in another 3-6 months. It’s unfortunate as i love the headphones for working out, but obviously they don’t last. Even more frustrating was I bought these as an alternative for my AirPods Pro’s, which had to be replaced twice due to manufacturing defects. I’d hoped these had worked out the problems, but unfortunately they’ve just introduced a new design oversight.

55 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2022 5:32 PM in response to Belikemigs

I literally had the same thing happen today. Mine actually ripped popping them out of the case. You can see in the second picture the case itself is even putting pressure on the wingtip. I spoke to Apple support and was quoted $90 to replace the earbud, is ridiculous considering it seems with the design they will only break again in another 3-6 months. It’s unfortunate as i love the headphones for working out, but obviously they don’t last. Even more frustrating was I bought these as an alternative for my AirPods Pro’s, which had to be replaced twice due to manufacturing defects. I’d hoped these had worked out the problems, but unfortunately they’ve just introduced a new design oversight.

Jan 23, 2023 1:59 PM in response to dagonyclark

Follow-up: I glued mine with "sil poxy" silicone glue to mend the tear, then ran a very thin line of E6000 glue to bind the wingtip to the earbud case. It's worked very well and they seem pretty solid now. I already had the E6000 glue but had to buy the sil poxy, so I don't love that I've paid out of pocket to fix a clear manufacturer's defect. Not perfect or beautiful, but it does seem to work and putting the earbuds in my ears now feels like it originally did.

Aug 29, 2022 3:05 PM in response to Belikemigs

Same issue. I called their support line at 800-442-4000 to report and ask for a solution but they gave me nothing. They said because I did not purchase directly from Apple and I did not get the warranty protection they would not help me. The date is 8/28/22 and I purchased through Amazon on 1/13/22. This is within 1 year. They don't even offer a replacement hook to purchase. This is a design flaw that they are not taking responsibility for and they do not care.

Jun 29, 2022 7:30 PM in response to Belikemigs

Same issue. Bought them 7 months ago and the started tearing about 4-5 months in. The right ear bud for me. Just spent an hour at the Apple store and was told the same story about paying $90 to get it fixed. Why would I do that? I have no confidence that these will not tear again. Clearly a manufacturer defect that is not being properly addressed Apple.

Mar 7, 2023 4:44 PM in response to Belikemigs

Same exact issue! Used very carefully and wingtip still started peeling off like shown in all pictures here within a year. It is clearly a manufacturing defect and apple need to start a service program for this issue. Apple wanted $89 to replace otherwise functional earbud. Loved them until this happened, will never recommend or buy apple earbuds again.

Oct 31, 2022 3:13 PM in response to Belikemigs

I have the exact same problem on the Left earbud. I can't believe that apple didn't think of making that part a snap-in/out replaceable part. I've had them more than 30 days so no warranty support. Very frustrated when the cheaper off-brand buds are still working fine but missing the bells and whistles of the H1 chip. Just really ticks me off when I am more than happy to pay a premium for quality but end up with crap!

May 10, 2022 9:01 PM in response to Belikemigs

My left ear bud appeared loose this past Sunday. Looked closer and there was a clean tear at a as if the material just wore out from putting them in my ear under normal use. I get to the Apple store this evening and low and behold, the right failed at some point since Sunday. I was told this is physical damage, not covered under the limited warranty. There is clearly an issue with the material used for the ear hook. I just my moneys worth. My Power Beats Pros lasted over two years until the battery wouldn’t hold a charge in the right bud. Avid customer, but this not a premium product or premium customer experience. Extremely disappointed.

Jun 13, 2022 3:14 PM in response to sdang003

They are telling me the same thing that it's "accidental damage" I pointed out the clear design flaw and they said they will put a $99 hold on my credit card, send me a new bud, then determine whether or not they will charge me this $99. So, basically this is their roundabout way of charging me the $99 by saying they looked at the damaged piece. This is pretty poor

Jun 21, 2022 6:21 AM in response to Spokensound1

I can't express enough how I've had the exact same experience. I also purchased Power Beats Pro years ago and decided to upgrade to Beats Fit Pro when my right Power Beat couldn't hold a charge. Now the wing tips on my Beats Fit Pros have began to split, exposing the plastic housing underneath. It's really odd to see these parallels appearing. Thanks for the insight!

Jun 21, 2022 7:26 PM in response to N_Kitkat

A few Apple reps put up with me pushing back and they agreed to have an engineer inspect my BeatsFit Pro. My saga continues because I sent BeatsFit Pro to them a month ago. So far I have only received one update that was just to say they don’t have a timeline because an exception was made. I appreciate what they are doing for my situation. But the lack of any transparency or expectations has left me underwhelmed. I have no clue when this will be resolved. My hope is that they identify an issue, get a new set of BeatsFit Pros back to me, and help anyone else experiencing this issue. The headphones are great. There is just this one critical flaw.

Beats Fit Pro Wingtips tore off my right ear piece

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.