Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple HomePod Mini

My HomePod mini has been losing connection a lot recently so wanted to see if there are any updates for it. On trying to find out how to update the HomePod I could only find that you have to do this through the Home app.

I therefore downloaded the Home app and tried to add the HomePod to it via the Add Accessory option but it is not finding the HomePod.

Please can anyone help?

Thank you

HomePod mini

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 12:33 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2022 9:37 PM in response to Loobs

You should have the home App. You need it to access settings for the HomePod. If you set up HomePod previously, there would have been the home app. If you deleted the App, this can’t be done without removing HomePod. Is it even set up? You don’t set it up by “adding” it, you set it up with your iOS device. See: Set up and use HomePod mini and HomePod - Apple Support It will self install into the Home App.

Apple HomePod Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.