Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable auto boot on M1 MacBook Pro

Eveytime I open the lid of my M1 MacBook Pro, it starts up. This is incredibly annoying. Up until the M1 MacBook was released, there was a way to disable the auto boot. However, this modification to the NVRAM settings does not work with the M1 MacBooks. If you are also bothered by this, please go to Product Feedback - Apple

and make a request to restore the feature in a future firmware update.

Thanks you.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 9:28 AM

ZeddybearCA wrote:

Eveytime I open the lid of my M1 MacBook Pro, it starts up. This is incredibly annoying. Up until the M1 MacBook was released, there was a way to disable the auto boot. However, this modification to the NVRAM settings does not work with the M1 MacBooks. If you are also bothered by this, please go to Product Feedback - Apple

Thanks you.

M1 does not have your old NVRAM. full stop

It is considered a feature—submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2022 9:28 AM in response to ZeddybearCA

ZeddybearCA wrote:

Thanks you.

M1 does not have your old NVRAM. full stop

It is considered a feature—submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Disable auto boot on M1 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.