Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth audio cuts out on Mac Pro since updating to Monterey.

Hello. This ONLY began for me with the update to 12.3.1. I have had zero issues beforehand.

MacPro5,1 OpenCore Monterey 12.3.1 Bluetooth Audio Stops, Sputters and Resumes every couple minutes

I've used AirPods Pro, Bose QC 35, Bose 700, and Airpods Max, all exhibit the same issue.

When I watch any video online, like YouTube, invariably, within a minute or two, the audio will stop, sputter, hear strange sounds, and resume. The break-up lasts 30 seconds.

I've ...

• Reset Bluetooth using the Sudo command (the Shift-Option Click Bluetooth didn't provide that option in Monterey)
  • I deleted my Bluetooth pList and restarted my computer
  • I've reset my PRAM (too many times probably)
  • I obtained a stronger Bluetooth antenna and placed it about 1 foot from my head on my desk
  • All my Wifi devices are 5Ghz except a few older items that are 2.4Ghz, but they aren't between me and my antenna or even in the same room

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm considering rolling back to an earlier version of the system, but generally prefer to stay up-to-date.

Thanks for any and all advice.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac Pro, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 9:41 AM

The original Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in the Mac Pro 5,1 are not supported (and do not work well) beyond the Apple-supported Mojave version of MacOS. If you have been able to nurse them along further, Merry Christmas!

Other users in your situation have been forced to upgrade to more recent Wi-Fi and Bluetooth solutions. Solutions include PCIe slot-cards or the cards from a more recent model Mac installed in the existing slots with third-party adapters.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 9:41 AM in response to s14ScottD

The original Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in the Mac Pro 5,1 are not supported (and do not work well) beyond the Apple-supported Mojave version of MacOS. If you have been able to nurse them along further, Merry Christmas!

Other users in your situation have been forced to upgrade to more recent Wi-Fi and Bluetooth solutions. Solutions include PCIe slot-cards or the cards from a more recent model Mac installed in the existing slots with third-party adapters.

Apr 29, 2022 9:45 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thanks Grant. I'm grateful for your response.

Believe me, I know. It is one of the reasons I've held on to this Mac Pro for so long, it has been upgradeable.

I upgraded the Bluetooth once already ... perhaps I need to do so again.

Here's what I bought originally: OSXWiFi Mac Pro 2009 (4,1) and Mac Pro 2010-2012 (5,1) – Handoff and Continuity Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC with Bluetooth 4.0 macOS Yosemite Mojave Catalina - 10.10+ Upgrade Kit

(it wasn't an easy installation, but I did it and it has worked beautifully!)

Any suggestions of what might be necessary now? I guess I'll head to Amazon and OWC to see what they suggest.

Bluetooth audio cuts out on Mac Pro since updating to Monterey.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.