Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect a MacBook Air to the internet using a Thunderbolt adapter and Netgear Powerline?

How do I connect my MacBook Air to the internet using a Thunderbolt adapter -> ethernet -> an existing Netgear Powerline system? Everything's connected physically; how do I configure the Mac's system prefs? Detailed step-by-step answers, please. I'm not techie. Thanks -

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:42 PM

You have to manually set up your network. In doing that you can select auto connect if you choose. You need a modem in order to access the network: cable, DSL and etc. depending on your choices and what your ISP requires. You have to have a signal; an internet service provider with an active account.

Here's a couple of references that provide the step by step instructions you need:

Connect to the internet with your Mac - Apple Support

https://www.dummies.com/article/technology/computers/macs/general-macs/how-to-set-up-a-wifi-network-on-a-mac-209624/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 12:42 PM in response to rustic39

You have to manually set up your network. In doing that you can select auto connect if you choose. You need a modem in order to access the network: cable, DSL and etc. depending on your choices and what your ISP requires. You have to have a signal; an internet service provider with an active account.

Here's a couple of references that provide the step by step instructions you need:

Connect to the internet with your Mac - Apple Support

https://www.dummies.com/article/technology/computers/macs/general-macs/how-to-set-up-a-wifi-network-on-a-mac-209624/

Apr 30, 2022 9:28 AM in response to ku4hx

Thanks:) I have Starlink, thus a good reliable internet signal. Problem was the wi-fi signal didn't reach to this part of the house. I'd plugged in the Thunderbolt via an adapter to ethernet, and to the Powerline adapter. When I came back this morning, it had established contact. I shut off wi-fi, and have excellent service via the power line. I guess I didn't give it enough time (?). Again, thanks for your response.

How do I connect a MacBook Air to the internet using a Thunderbolt adapter and Netgear Powerline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.