Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop Mac From Deleting Songs From iPhone

I use the Music app on my iMac. I have two different music libraries and switch back and forth.

To get the music I want on my iPhone, I have setup a sync between the iPhone and the Mac. When I press Sync, I get the music transferred from the iMac to my iPhone.

I then eject the iPhone from the Finder.

When I switch Music to the second library, shortly thereafter, all the music on my iPhone disappears.

How can I stop the Mac and iPhone from syncing and only do it when I do the manual sync?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 2:01 PM

You can’t if they are logged in to the same Apple ID. The iPhone music library will mirror the music library on your Mac. There’s probably a better way of managing your music, like creating playlists that you can switch back and forth.

4 replies

Apr 30, 2022 2:08 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks for trying. I never used to have this problem. I sync'ed manually and only when I wanted to update my music.

The problem I have is that I am trying Apple Music. Apple Music requires that I sync my music collection in the iCloud. My music collection is extensive and has been collected over 50 years and I don't want to have to pay to store it in the cloud.

So I guess my only option is to drop Apple Music and go back to a competitor.

Stop Mac From Deleting Songs From iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.