Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: Upgrading the Reminders app in iOS 13 or later

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why don't my iCloud reminders appear on my other devices in spite of fulfilling all the listed requirements?

According to the article about the "Reminders" update, I need to run at least macOS Catalina and iOS 13 to sync my iCloud reminders across all devices. My MacBook Air runs MacOS10.15.7 (Catalina), and all of my iCloud reminders are visible there. However, after recently upgrading my other MacBook Pro to Monterrey, "Reminders" shows only 2 default lists and no obvious way to import my iCloud reminders. Similarly, I keep my iPhone up-to-date and it is running iOS 15.4.1 - again, it has lost all my iCloud reminders. (They were all available on all 3 devices until recently!) I checked that I am signed-in to my (same) iCloud account on all 3 devices, and that I have selected "Reminders" in the list of apps that are connected to iCloud. Yet no dice. Could it be that even Catalina is no longer "good enough"?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 2, 2022 9:18 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 3, 2022 7:54 AM in response to Sebastian Kuhn

Hello Sebastian Kuhn,

Let's start with these steps:

"Things to check first

1. Check the system status of iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders to check for services outages or connection issues.
  2. If a reminder isn't showing up on some of your devices, make sure that your iPhone and iPad have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, or that your Mac has the latest version of macOS.
  3. Make sure that you're signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all of your devices. Then, check that you turned on Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders in your iCloud settings.
  4. Check the date and time settings on your device to make sure they're correct for your current location."

We've found this in If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync. We're sharing it to make sure each device that you own has step 2, 3 and 4 verified. We'd even suggest moving through the rest of the guide to check the default accounts on each device too. You'd find this info under "Set iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders as your default".

Working through this guide and verifying the settings should resolve this for you by helping them sync up. If not, use this from the same guide:

If you still need help
If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

By using this link it'll get you in the right queue for the support teams to dig into this further and find out why Reminders are not syncing.

Kind regards.

May 3, 2022 8:56 AM in response to tgok23

Thank you for your check list. Most of the items I already checked and stated so in my original post. In particular, the MacBook Air that does contain all of my reminders is running Catalina, which SHOULD be good enough. Curiously, the reminders DID magically reappear on my other MacBook Pro running Monterrey today, without me changing anything. So maybe there WAS some kind of system outage - except they STILL don't show up on my iPhone. Going through all the items on your list:

• System status is "green" for all items
  • my iPhone which does NOT seem to have access to my iCloud reminders has iOS 15.4.1 which I believe is the most recent. My MacBook Pro that NOW DOES have those reminders is running MacOS 12.3.1, again up-to-date I believe.
  • I am connected to the same Wifi network on both my MacBook Pro and my iPhone as I write this. I have the same Apple ID activated on both (I only have one). Contacts, Calendars, Reminders and Notes are all enabled on both devices. All of the others work flawlessly across all 3 devices, only Reminders doesn't on my iPhone.
  • Finally, both my Mac and my iPhone are set up to automatically determine time zone and both show "New York" as the closest city.

So it doesn't look like any of the potential issues you have raised could be the reason why (now) only my iPhone doesn't show the iCloud reminders.

May 3, 2022 9:11 AM in response to Sebastian Kuhn

Hello Sebastian,

We appreciate you providing us an update and happy to hear your reminders are now showing on your MacBook Pro running Monterey. Since you continue to experience this issue with your iPhone, we recommend connecting with Apple Support directly. You can connect with them using the following link:

Get Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

Why don't my iCloud reminders appear on my other devices in spite of fulfilling all the listed requirements?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.