Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Library tab in Photos app

Hi everyone, I'm using the latest version of macOS big sur but I don't know why my photos app doesn't have the Library tab. I can still access that by right clicking a photo and choose Show in All photos but it's not convenient.

How do I fix this?

Thank you.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on May 5, 2022 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 5:42 AM

You may want to check, if your Mac has been starting up in Safe Boot Mode. This will make the Library tab vanish.

See: Photos on Catalina: If the Photos View vanishes from the sidebar, check if the Mac is in Safe Mode - Apple Community

If the Mac is not in Safe Mode, but the Photos item is still missing, try to reset the NVRAM. It helped in a similar case as pointed out by user travellerva:

Viewing 'Photos' by year on Catalina - Apple Community

How to reset the NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac – Apple Support

If it is not a problem of Safe Boot Mode or the NVRAM, it may be a problem with your particular Mac model on Big Sur. Several users with older iMacs reported the same problem, with no fix found so far.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 5:42 AM in response to David0708

You may want to check, if your Mac has been starting up in Safe Boot Mode. This will make the Library tab vanish.

See: Photos on Catalina: If the Photos View vanishes from the sidebar, check if the Mac is in Safe Mode - Apple Community

If the Mac is not in Safe Mode, but the Photos item is still missing, try to reset the NVRAM. It helped in a similar case as pointed out by user travellerva:

Viewing 'Photos' by year on Catalina - Apple Community

How to reset the NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac – Apple Support

If it is not a problem of Safe Boot Mode or the NVRAM, it may be a problem with your particular Mac model on Big Sur. Several users with older iMacs reported the same problem, with no fix found so far.

No Library tab in Photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.