Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies Not Playing on Mac Apple TV app

Ok I have downloaded tons of movies from my Apple TV app on my Mac. All the movies with the HSL file type will not play under all circumstances on wifi or not downloaded or streaming. The techs at Apple are baffled. The last thing to do is to delete and reinstall the app. There has to be another way… help please…

mike

Posted on May 5, 2022 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 7:24 AM

Since this Question is appearing in High Sierra macOS 10.13, one must assume the computer is running a minimum of Catalina and above in order to have the Apple TV app

What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support (CA)

Q - " The techs at Apple are baffled. The last thing to do is to delete and reinstall the app. "

A - The delete and re-install the Apple TV Application can not be done Sealed Key Protection (SKP) The Operating system in Catalina resides in a READ ONLY Volume

A - In Big Sur and Monterey the same Volume has been further protected form Third Party Software or User modifying, altering, removing or attempting to do any of the previously mentioned actions.

A - Any of my Apple TV movies / Show seem the coming in as MPEG-4 video file

HSL File type https://www.filesuffix.com/en/extension/hsl

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2022 7:24 AM in response to 7thMcdonough

Since this Question is appearing in High Sierra macOS 10.13, one must assume the computer is running a minimum of Catalina and above in order to have the Apple TV app

What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support (CA)

Q - " The techs at Apple are baffled. The last thing to do is to delete and reinstall the app. "

A - The delete and re-install the Apple TV Application can not be done Sealed Key Protection (SKP) The Operating system in Catalina resides in a READ ONLY Volume

A - In Big Sur and Monterey the same Volume has been further protected form Third Party Software or User modifying, altering, removing or attempting to do any of the previously mentioned actions.

A - Any of my Apple TV movies / Show seem the coming in as MPEG-4 video file

HSL File type https://www.filesuffix.com/en/extension/hsl

Movies Not Playing on Mac Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.