You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't create pie chart from pivot table.

Hi there! I'm a freelancer and I'm trying to get more insight in how I spend my time when I work. From the table where I keep track of my activities (dates, durations, organisation, type of activity etc) I created a pivot table. From that I'm trying to create pie charts for each month. I can select the first month as a data source just fine (April), but for some reason I can't create a second chart for May. It won't let me select the column. Here's a video showing the issue. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oah-pU1MEMM&ab

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on May 6, 2022 2:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 11:48 PM

1. Made the first chart for April.
  2. Copy/Pasted it and changed the name of the copy to May.
  3. Clicked on "Edit Data References" on the May chart
  4. Click on on one of the colored circles in column A of the table
  5. Chose May from the list.

Similar questions

3 replies

May 6, 2022 7:52 AM in response to Florence_Gee

I see what you mean about only being able to reference the first data column of the Pivot Table.

One easy solution is to take advantage of the ability to filter a Pivot Table, something like this:

For May I just cloned the Pivot Table (you can have multiple Pivot Tables based on the same data table) and changed its filter to this:

You can of course keep your original multiple month column Pivot Table if you want and clone it to create filtered Pivot Tables as needed.

SG

Can't create pie chart from pivot table.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.