Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What steps should I take when my phone is stolen?

My phone was stolen a few days ago and I reported to the police. I used find my iPhone which seemed to jump from place to place and the last location was, I guess, when the phone lost any internet connection just before I marked as lost. So now mark as lost shows as pending, the device is still trusted under my AppleID as I am reluctant to remove and erase it completely. I have tried to search online what you should do when your phone is stolen but different places give different advice. I do not have AppleCare with theft and loss, so that is not an issue though it is insured otherwise. What are the best steps to take to ensure my data and phone cannot be used or accessed by the thieves while still possibly being followed up by police?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on May 7, 2022 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 5:23 AM

Hello ~ Take a look here as this is Apple’s support document for stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple ...

~Katana-San~

Similar questions

3 replies

What steps should I take when my phone is stolen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.